I think I've found the winner of the "Dumbest Thing Ever Said by a Parent" award!! Last night, I was sitting at the ballpark, watching Shane's softball game. There is a roughly 40-yr-old woman sitting in the very front row of bleachers, with her 1-yr-old daughter sitting in a stroller not 1 foot from her. In the second row of bleachers, directly behind them, is another woman with her 7-yr-old son. The woman in the front row lights up a cigarette. There is a soft breeze, which proceeds to direct the cigarette smoke, filled with toxins, into the 1-yr-old's "breathing space". The little boy sitting behind this woman leans forward and says, "Why is there smoke coming from you?" "Where is that smoke coming from?" The woman turns just slightly enough to hold up her cigarette so this little boy can see just what is the cause of this delightful smoke. He says to her, "Oh, you're smoking!" "Why are you smoking?" And... the moment of truth! This WONDERFUL mother says, "It keeps the mosquitoes away." WHAT THE $#^%&?????
I am sitting 4-5 rows up, watching this despicable turn of events. I am just floored by this, stunned beyond words. I'm sure my mouth dropped open. How does this type of person get to have kids?? Shouldn't there be a law against this??? She is slowly killing her daughter with toxic fumes, yet bless her little heart, she will be protected from those nasty mosquito bites! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Um..How do they even allow people like this to have children? Shouldn't there be a law that you have to take a test to see how dumb you are before you get pregnant?! Wow.
Um...how do they even allow people this dumb to have children? Shouldn't there be a law that you have to past a test before getting pregnant?! And I quote..'this is dumb' :) haha All I have to say is WOW
hey look I've commented twice! haha I thought the first one didn't go thru then I wanted to add some...:)You seriously should just get a myspace so you could blog on it then get passing comments on the way. ;)
yes, yes, I know... But first things first! It took me six months to figure this thing out. It'd take me forever to learn how to set up a MySpace! : )
west nile kills faster, ya know! See you at MySpace soon!
Post a Comment