Thursday, November 1, 2007

Feeling blessed

I've been thinking about my family alot lately. To have 2 amazing parents, who not only love each other with everything they have, but who love the 8 of us children unconditionally. To have 7 wonderful brothers and sisters, who are my best friends. Apart from my husband, there truly is no one else in the world I would rather hang out with. Getting together at Mom's house for Sunday dinner, birthday parties, holidays, or 'just because' means so much to me. And when you add in the (almost) 10 nieces and nephews, it is amazing!
I love the feeling of chillin' with my 4 brothers... the laughter, the teasing, talking about old times, or just catching up with each other's lives. I love spending time with my baby sister... she truly is a part of me. All of our lives, we have been able to finsh each other's sentences, know by just the look on each other's face what was going on inside our head. We have spent hours and hours talking about our feelings, opinions, hurts, disappointments, happinesses, loves, and losts. She has been the one person that has stood by me through everything and I know she would say the same about me. I love talking with my older sister. Catching up on what she's been up to, encouraging her, and listening to the things that are important to her. She is a very special person with a huge heart and I love her to death. And last but certainly not least is the oldest sister of the clan. I love to think back on our younger days. I always envied her and wanted to be just like her. I thought she was so cool! She was and always will be our leader. She had the difficult position of being first in line and therefore, had to be the sort of guinea pig of parenting. But I think she pulled out strong and has a wonderful family of her own now.
Then there are the nieces and nephews. I know I've said this before, but I am filled with so much pride to be the auntie to such wonderful children! I love watching them grow and learn new things. I had an experience with about 7 of them a few months back that will stick with me forever. Everyone was back in town for a visit, gathered at Mom's, of course. I arrived to find a fairly quiet dining/main room. I was told most everyone was upstairs, watching a DVD. I quietly made my way up the stairs and as I rounded the corner at the top, I threw my arms open wide and yelled, "Who wants to give Auntie Sandy a hug?" All 7 of them that were upstairs came running and screaming at me and we were all encompassed in a giant hug. It was a moment of pride, joy, love, and wonderfulness that I will never forget.
I am certainly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I know that no matter what happens, we will always stick together. We're DiMinico's and that's what we do! I love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW! Kayou not slave- we warrior!

Anonymous said...

finally got around to going through your blog again..everything you said is soo true! Which is why I LOVE big families!...btw, ditto!!