Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Weight Has Been Lifted

The first day of spring is coming to a close and I feel wonderful. I have been counting down the days for a least a month now.

The girls and I at the office threw a "party" of sorts. There was cake, balloons, a colorful message welcoming spring on the dry erase board, and we all wore bright flip-flop necklaces. You may think I'm joking. I'm not.
There is one male doctor in the office. He thought we had all lost it, but he did agree to go along with it. Even wore a necklace. The flip-flop was tucked in to his shirt pocket, mind you. But he was a good sport.

I sincerely had a good day. My first thought as I rolled out of bed this morning was that it was spring. When I got to work, I was not sleepy for once. I was excited. I was giddy. And I shared that joy. Everyone got a "Happy Spring!" from me. They all laughed, of course, but I LOVED IT!

The weather was perfect for the occasion. 65 degrees? Amazing! Sun was shining. I even saw 2 robins today! 2! The sun roof was open for my drive home this evening. Music up loud. I was in heaven.

I was able to go for an evening walk after dinner. It felt so good! And now, I feel content. Relaxed. Spring has arrived and I could not feel any lighter. I feel as though that 20lb weight known as winter has been lifted off of me.

And the best part is, it only gets better from here! Happy Spring, Everyone!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Perhaps you spoke too soon. Man it's been neasty out there the past few days. Sigh. Oh well. It should get better. Stupid Global Warming, going and making everything so cold.

Anonymous said...

haha we must be sisters! That's the exact same way I was on the first day of Spring! I even got told I was 'acting like the first day of Spring meant no more winter weather'. Man, people lighten up! It's SPRING!!!!!! -me again :)